I use this blog as a soap box to preach (ahem... to talk :-) about subjects that interest me.

Saturday, April 16, 2011

Code Red

I haven’t been posting anything for a while.  I thought, perhaps I can entertain you with a micro-story I wrote last year.  It is a slightly modified version of a story that was shortlisted in the “Positive Words” mini-competition of February 2010, open to stories not longer than 100 words.  I tell you, it wasn't easy to write a story with a character and a plot in 100 words...

I clench my teeth.  The cockpit is a cacophony of beeping sounds.  The instrument panel a kaleidoscope of flashing red lights.

“Captain...”

I nod, without taking my eyes off the angry sea of grey before me.  With all the checklists exhausted, there is nothing more to say.

Few seconds later, the plane hammers onto the tarmac, its frame jarred by the impact.  The engines scream in reverse.

A lineup of fire trucks emerges from the fog on the right side of the runway.  This time they will not be needed.

In the back, the passengers erupt into applause.

2 comments:

  1. A well-written article makes its points succinctly and in a organized format tips for students.Essay modifying solutions are aware of the importance article composing and create sure you give you a innovative over others by building up the article you have published.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, Rani, I'm happy you read my story. But how is your comment relevant? I'm not sure...

    In any case, your link to "tips for students" is broken.

    But keep reading and writing! :-)

    Ciao, Giulio.

    ReplyDelete