I use this blog as a soap box to preach (ahem... to talk :-) about subjects that interest me.

Sunday, August 17, 2014

How to avoid accumulating unread books

I only buy books that I am pretty confident I will read (it wasn't always like that!), but I have still been buying more books than I can read.  For example, last year, I read 57 books but bought 69.  As a result, the shelf I reserve for books I haven't yet read contains 62 books of non-fiction and 16 of fiction.

A couple of months ago, I instituted a new rule: I only allow myself to buy one book after reading two of the books I already have.  This means that I should drain my backlog of books in approximately two and a half years, after reading (62 + 16) x 1.5 = 117 books.

But I can always decide that I am not going to read some of the books I already have...   ;-)

The article on The book is dead, by Sherman Young, will be next.

2 comments:

  1. Excellent idea. I will try to use the same rule to avoid a growing list of pending books...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Many type of dissertation writing company are stay in online. Some companies are well but maximum companies are not well. You have to see it.

    ReplyDelete