I use this blog as a soap box to preach (ahem... to talk :-) about subjects that interest me.

Friday, February 22, 2013

Being a Toad

Have you ever tried to write on the spot micro-stories of 100 words or less? It’s fun! Pick a word or a phrase and then write a story around it in fifteen minutes or less. You should try it. Anyhow, this is how the following micro-story was born.

It’s not easy being a toad.

At best, people avoid me. But some do their best to crash me under a feet.

The worst are the children. Once I saw one of my friends being dismembered alive by an eager kid with a magnifying glass and a pair of scissors.

And who says that we are ugly? I can’t say that I agree with that.

Come, my dear lady, give me a kiss.

Set me free.

Seventy-six words of almost poetry!  :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment